Morph Solarcycle Morph light keeps turning off every few minutes | Dyson Community

Morph Solarcycle Morph light keeps turning off every few minutes

• 27 December 2023
  • 3 replies

• 0 replies

I had been a satisfied user of the Dyson Morph for over a year, and initially, I was pleased with its performance. However, starting from a few months ago, I experienced occasional instances where the device would turn off by itself. At the time, I attributed this to potential motion sensor sensitivity and didn't pay much attention.

Regrettably, the problem seems to have intensified recently, with the Dyson Morph frequently shutting down on its own—even when the motion sensor is turned off!

Annoyed by this recurring issue, I did some research and found many similar complaints from other users regarding the device's erratic behaviour. I'd like to know whether your team has identified the root cause of this issue and, if so, what steps can be taken to rectify it?!

3 replies

Hi @le0 , thanks for bringing this to our attention. I found a great post that will help in identifying the cause. Please be sure to refer to the link below. If the issue continue, please feel free to reach out to our support team via email, chat, or by phone support. 

Email Support- askdysonus@dyson.com

Phone support- 1-866-693-9766

Our helpline hours:

8:00am to 8:00pm CST Monday to Friday

9:00am to 6:00pm CST Saturday

Userlevel 1

Hi @le0 & dyson & @Summer.Jackson 

i had / have the same problem with my Morph desk light. 
This is after having my original light replaced by dyson a few months ago.

i found that if I reduce the intensity of the light very slightly my light remains on without an issue.  

This is a temporary solution but I will contact dyson again to ask for a more permanent solution.

I have read the other threads on this topic.

I suspect the issue is may be to do with either the power supply block or over temperature protection in the light (if there is one).

I do not use the boost function or scheduled timer functions shown in the app.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @adamhill56,

Thanks for letting us know about this. Please do reach out to Dyson Customer Care directly when you have time to do so, and they can provide you with further support. 

We’ll look forwards to speaking with you!