My refurbished V11 stopped working after a year | Dyson Community
Solved

My refurbished V11 stopped working after a year

• 6 November 2022
  • 5 replies

I bought my V11 7/21 as refurbished. I registered it online right away. I have a small space and needed something powerful but small. It is not as powerful as my old Electrolux, but I like a space saver. I used it 10 min max three times a week. Battery is always full when returning to a charger. 4 months ago the vacuum started working by itself when I removed it from charger and stopped only when put back . Not responding to me pushing a switch. A month ago it died . Not charging, not working. The Dyson suggested sending me a new battery. A couple days later, I received an email saying: Thank you for registration your Dyson, your warranty expired 01/04/22. I registered my vacuum 7/21 . Got email about registration today, because I need help with not working item. Originally it says 2 years warranty. Anybody has a similar experience?

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 2 7 November 2022, 21:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Martinkak,

I guess you misunderstood Dyson’s warranty policy, as Dyson’s refurbished machines come with 6 months or 1 year warranty.

You can identify this by checking your machine’s serial number. If it ends with a letter “B”, those machines are refurbished ones, therefore those would be honored with less warranty time than newly sold units. 

Hope this helps!

Jay

Ok. Even with one year warranty, mine expired 5,5 months after purchasing a refurbished vacuum. The problem with vacuum started right after one year of working. Good timing!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Martinkak,

I understand your circumstances and the issue you’re experiencing, but it’s the company policy. Even if the warranty was counted from July, 2021, it’s already expired. So they would only be able to assist if you pay for your repair.

If you check the website, it was visibly shown on the page. I guess it would be a better option for you to check the full Terms and Conditions page when purchasing the unit in the future.

"Shop Dyson refurbished machines

Every machine has completed the Dyson refurbishment process, and comes with the following:

• Six-month or one-year warranty
  • Genuine Dyson parts
  • Support from Dyson Experts "

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Jay

Risk you run purchasing a refurbished machine.

If the dyson operator couldn’t locate the initial registration, they’d set up a new one. May be why you received new confirmation date. 

I’d maybe argue the fact if you’ve had written confirmation of the warranty extending past today. If not, you just need accept it’s expired. 

Did they not offer a repair at cost? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @Martinkak,

Thanks for reaching out!  We regret hearing that your Dyson cordless unit isn’t performing as expected.  Although your unit’s warranty may have matured at this point, we can still provide troubleshooting steps to properly diagnose the specific issue with your machine.  As a mention, Dyson batteries are made to last the life of the machine.  However, depending on use, it may be necessary to replace the battery a little sooner than expected.  Please keep in mind parts purchased through Dyson's site include a one-year warranty.

To discuss this further, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

We truly appreciate your support of Dyson and thank you for your time!