Relocating to Japan from US - Advice on using my Dyson Tech | Dyson Community
Solved

Relocating to Japan from US - Advice on using my Dyson Tech

• 5 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I am moving to Japan for a few years and was wondering if my Dyson corded vacuum, heat/cool fan, and hairdryer will work over there. All the tags state 120v 60hz and the specific area I will be at will have 100v 60hz (not 50hz like Tokyo or West Japan.) Since the frequency is the same, will the equipment run correctly even if undervoltage?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 July 2023, 17:17

View original

2 replies

Hi. Congratulation on the move. The only one you might have an issue with is the hairdryer. Other have reported them not work with adapters/converters. The fan and vac should work without a problem. 

Dyson will tell you that they don’t recommend the use of converters or plug adapters, but in the real world people relocate, travel and sell products cross-border. 

Hi @Calvin 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Congrats on your move to your Japan. 

Kindly click on the link here to read about using your cordless machine in Japan. Regarding your hairdryer, we do not recommend using the voltage converter as it can be a safety hazard. If your machine is still within the guarantee period you can reach out to the Dyson Japan customer service team. 

You can also follow the below link for more tips on the Dyson hair care products. 

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reply below.

Regards,