Can I use cleaning solutions, detergents, or hot water in my Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Can I add detergents or cleaning solutions?

• The Dyson V12s Detect Slim Submarine™️ and V15s Detect Submarine™️ cordless vacuums include the Dyson Submarine™️ wet roller cleaner head, which is engineered to wash hard floors effectively using just clean water.
  • If you decide to add detergent, please a choose gentle, low-foaming household anti-bacterial detergent. Do not use bleach.
  • Please follow the detergent manufacturer's guidance on dilution for surface cleaning, and avoid putting detergents into the clean water tank before you’ve diluted them.

Can I add hot water?

Fill with tap water only, up to 35°C/95° F. Don’t use boiling water, as this could cause damage not covered under your machine’s Dyson guarantee.

Let us know if you have other questions about getting the best results from your Dyson Submarine™️ vacuum!

Learn more

Do I add the detergent to the water tank, correctly diluted? Or do I choose a spray type cleaner to spray onto the floor and only use clean water in the tank?

Hi @Lil.05,

We’d recommend adding diluted, low-foaming anti-bacterial detergent to your Dyson Submarine™️ vacuum’s clean water tank as recommended above. This should make it easier to control the amount of detergent your machine picks up.