dyson hairdryer makes my hair greasy more quickly | Dyson Community
Solved

dyson hairdryer makes my hair greasy more quickly

• 4 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I got a new Dyson hairdryer recently and I've noticed when I dry my hair, even without using the styling attachments, it gets greasy much more quickly.

It is just happening with the Dyson as I dried my hair with my old Philips hairdryer to check and my hair lasts much longer in between washes than with the Dyson. 

I haven't changed anything in my routine and no new products so it has to be the hairdryer but i can't work out why?? Or how to fix this. Any ideas? 

Thanks

steph 

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 May 2024, 16:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Steph91,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your feedback on your experience so far.

This sounds unusual as there’s nothing about the way the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer works that should cause your hair to become greasy at a different rate to any other hair dryer. It actually measures its airflow temperature 40 times a second and regulates the heat, to prevent extreme hair damage and protect natural shine.

You may want to try adjusting the heat and airflow settings to see if this makes any difference, and trying the Gentle air attachment if a more gentle drying mode is needed.

If you continue to have concerns, I’d recommend speaking directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.