Airstrait - anyone else annoyed with the ridiculous plug and short lead? | Dyson Community
Solved

Airstrait - anyone else annoyed with the ridiculous plug and short lead?

• 20 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve been using the Airstrait now for about 3 weeks and I love it except for the ridiculous plug and the short lead. 

At home it’s hard enough and I have to be really close to a plug but just come to a hotel as I’m away for work and it just won’t fit in the plug!!!!! 

I’m so frustrated for such a costly device they didn’t think this through?! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 20 February 2024, 13:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @sazlewis76,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your feedback on your Dyson Airstrait™ straightener. I’m sorry you’re struggling to use this particular hotel socket.

Please be assured every aspect of the machine was very carefully considered by our engineers during development - in addition to extensive user trials in real home environments. We've integrated the PRCD plug as an additional safety element - it's important in enabling wet to dry straightening. It tests and ensures the safety of the machine before use.

Also, moving some key electronic elements to the plug removes weight and bulk from the machine itself, to keep it as light and compact as possible in your hand.

I am glad you’re otherwise happy with your Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, and I’ll be happy to make sure your feedback on the plug is passed along to the right teams for you.

Just take an extension cable with you!