Airwrap - HELP Red Flashing Light | Dyson Community
Solved

Airwrap - HELP Red Flashing Light

• 19 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I have had the Dyson airwrap for a year and around a month ago the red flashing light started to come on. I regularly clean the filter but the airwrap overheats and turns off, after the flashing light turns on. I have followed the steps for filter cleaning but nothing is working and I’m super frustrated :(

(Edited by moderator – Tags added)

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 19 December 2022, 21:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey @baggaroop26 

Whilst I don’t have a hair products, I do know a fair amount about their automated support functionality. Have you visited their website and troubleshot the light sequence?

Support | Dyson Airwrap™ Styler (Nickel/Fuschsia) - Not working diagnostics. 

If switching the product off for a 1 hour period and washing the filter doesn’t fix it, they suggest calling them for further help. 

Charlie. 

Hi. 

If washing did not help. It could be hair spray can, that soaked the filter. 

Same issue on the Supersonic. Hairdryer - Cut Out Frustration | Dyson Community

Help on here is. ‘Maybe just try giving it a thorough clean down. I see the professional do this slightly different from us regular folk. Professional Cleaning. They clean the filter and soak it every day just like little old me!’

Maria.

I literally don’t use any hairspray ;(

@baggaroop26 I had the same problem finally solved it. There are two small stars screws at the base near the metal screens. Remove those and pull off the screen assembly. It’s a little scary, but it does come off easily enough then about an inch and a half inside the body of the dryer there’s another little grate. Ours was clogged with hair and dust. It took a pair of tweezers to reach in there and pull it out. Our air wrap had not been working very well since we got it, it was an Amazon refurbished return so apparently somebody had used it, and then returned it as a new. I have no idea how the hair got inside the body, as I would think that the metal filter would have prevented that.