Airwrap Styler Long - How do I store? | Dyson Community
Solved

Airwrap Styler Long - How do I store?

• 13 December 2022
  • 8 replies

I ordered an Air Wrap Styler Long by accident. It’s fine, but how in the heck are the attachments supposed to fit in the storage case? The wrap attachments are too long to stand up. Do the brushes stand up in the corners and everything else just gets unceremoniously jammed into the middle compartment? This seems uncharacteristically disordered for a Dyson product. :-(

icon

Best answer by Stuart 15 December 2022, 12:24

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

Hey babe! OMG how exciting, I love my Airwrap!! You should 1000% check out the Styling tips post they have!! All my attachments came in the case and fit snuggly ! Did you get more? Super jealous! Which extras did you get? You could pick up extra storage? I use the travel case, its great for trips away with the girls! 

I’ve loved one of their display stands things!! Maybe you should get that instead 🤣!

This is my second Air Wrap--my first one is the regular one, not the long, so all the stuff fits in the case neatly. The long styler, which I bought by accident--I didn’t know there was such a thing--comes with really long barrels that don’t allow the lid to go on when they are standing upright. Pictures of this model show the long barrels lying flat on the top, but there is nothing there to provide that kind of support. 

I can certainly get a display stand, but I just thought that Dyson typically thought storage through a bit better than this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @slmueller0614

A great question.

I am hopeful that one of our other members will have an answer for you. But in the meantime, I’ll reach out to our display and packaging teams, asking if we have an ideal storage solution for in box use. 

I’ll come back once I have an answer 😁.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @slmueller0614 

I believe I have an answer for you, along with some picture that should help explain the order which the tools need to be reinserted into the storage box 😁.

Step 1. Start by inserting the Round brush into the middle compartment. 

Step 1

Step 2. Pop the installation insert into place.

Step 2

Step 3. Next, place the Coanda smoothing dryer on top. 

Step 3

Step 4. Lastly, insert both of the barrels. The final result should resemble the below image. 

Step 4

I hope this helps. 

Stuart.

Thanks, so basically I have to keep the packing cardboard to make this work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I’d say yes! Although, you could just try the order without the packaging! Just an idea 😋!

Lemon 🍋

As much as I appreciate the creative responses, I do not think they are practical because of the reliance upon and the cumbersome nature of the packing materials. This is the picture in Dyson’s marketing photos and is what I was hoping for, but doesn’t seem like this method is possible. I spent another $100 on a Chinese Amazon solution, which is sad because now I have to store the storage box somewhere. Oh well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @slmueller0614 

While I'm not certain how this is in other markets, but within the US, Dyson has always taken a "lean design" philosophy in terms of aiming to minimize energy and materials used in the development, manufacture and disposal of our products. We have recently made some changes to the inserts that came with our hair care products, as well as removed the divider inserts.

The insert tray is now made from recycled materials. The pulp tray is durable and more sustainable that previous packaging. There was also some design intent behind removing divider inserts in the Airwrap cases. For instance, if you decided to purchase different barrels or attachments down the road, they would not fit into the box if the dividers were still present. By removing these, we make the boxes more flexible as a storage solution. I hope that this information is helpful.