Awful Customer Service - Feedback on recent experience (September 2023) | Dyson Community

Awful Customer Service - Feedback on recent experience (September 2023)

• 3 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Sent back my hairdryer which was still under guarantee to Dyson for a repair to be told it had to be replaced and that I would have to pay £99 for a refurbished machine.  I sent Dyson Customer Services proof of the warranty by WhatsApp 4 times (the only method of delivery  they would accept) which was very difficult for me as I suffer from motor neurone disease.  They dismissed my disability out of hand!  I cannot understand why their customer services team cannot read the proof of guarantee I sent them.  Very bizarre.

All in all, I have found their customer services to be arrogant, ill informed and far too lazy to read the whole thread of a conversation.  New comments to a conversation are responded to each time by someone different and they repeatedly ask for the same information to be sent before ignoring it.

Has anyone else had problems with this horrible company?

Anonymous 8 months ago

Hi @kimslowe 

Thank you for raising this with us.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far.

I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

Can you please share a bit more information so our team can look into this and confirm the reason for the charge.

Our customer service experts are always best place to help in situations like this, and where we'd usually encourage you to continue the conversation with them, on this occasion I feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this. Feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number.

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further. 

Regards,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @kimslowe 

Thank you for raising this with us.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far.

I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

Can you please share a bit more information so our team can look into this and confirm the reason for the charge.

Our customer service experts are always best place to help in situations like this, and where we'd usually encourage you to continue the conversation with them, on this occasion I feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this. Feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number.

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further. 

Regards,

Yes! Terrible customer service, unreliable and zero sign of anyone taking ownership to sort problems out. Get the feeling the customer services team are so used to hearing about poor service that they have become used to it. And I agree, so frustrating to have customer service agents asking questions already answered in the thread. 

I asked for a manager to contact me about my issue with them and they refused. Frustratingly they have my money for collecting and fixing my Dyson. Taking my money is the only part of the process they seem to have ensured happens on time. Absolute cowboys.