Beware buying a dyson blowdryer! They only last 1 year. | Dyson Community
Solved

Beware buying a dyson blowdryer! They only last 1 year.

• 5 June 2024
  • 1 reply

As a hairstylist for 20 years, I’ve always bought my blow Dryers a from my local beauty supply. Like most stores, they have always honored their warranties. If a blow dryer breaks, they would replace it with a new machine, that would guarantee THAT machine would honor the same warranty. NOT DYSON. I bought a new dryer from Dyson. It broke after ONE YEAR. They replaced it, and then that one broke after only ONE YEAR, they would NOT replace it because my “two year warranty” was up. Why should I buy a new one if I can only expect it to last one year? The one I had was $400.00. I’m thinking of buying a cheaper, refurbished one, or buying from Costco because that way I know that they would honor a better warranty than a machine that only works for one year. I cleaned the filter regularly, and both times it just stopped mid blow dry. I talked to 4 costumer service people and they said I could drive 3 hours to try to have it repaired. Why can’t I mail it anywhere?? My word of advise, please consider that these machines only work 1-2 years max. I’m disappointed.  

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 June 2024, 12:52

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jessicabreding,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

The Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer Professional Edition includes a 2-year warranty, which covers it for professional use in a commercial salon environment. In the unlikely event of your machine needing replacement due to a breakdown during this timeframe, the warranty will continue run from your original machine’s date of purchase.

I can only apologise for any disappointment here, but it sounds like you’ve been correctly advised by the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. The lifespan of any machine will depend on how it's used and maintained, but we do engineer and test all of our technology to last.

We’ll be happy to pass your comments along to the right internal teams for you.