Broken Airwrap right out of the box! | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I purchased a refurbished Dyson Airwrap on September 5, 2024. I was very excited to receive one, as the website promises all refurbished products are tested and come with a 1 year warranty. My airwrap arrived on September 10, 2024. Upon immediately plugging it in, it was broken. I tried every outlet in my apartment, but alas, nothing. I called customer service and received no help. I had to show them the broken airwrap via a video call multiple times, following their instructions of reseting the outlet, cleaning the filter, blah blah blah. Nothing worked. Finally after an hour of speaking with customer service (half of which was spent on hold), they told me I had to ship the airwrap back and a new one would be sent. I asked if it would be brand new or refurbished, they said it would be refurbished. I asked if I could just get a refund, they said no. I asked if the refurbished one would actually work, they said “hopefully.” Hopefully???!!! I am not paying $400 for something to hopefully work. I packed up the airwrap and dropped it off at UPS that same day, Sept 10. I did not receive any further contact from Dyson. A week passed, then a month, and no new package was at my door. I called October 18, 2024 and a rep told me they would contact me in 24 hours with an email to track a new refurbished airwrap being shipped. I received no email. I called again on October 24 where a different rep told me he could not help me and I needed to wait 5-7 business days for someone to contact me. At this point, I am beyond pissed. It has been over 2 months of Dyson having my money with no product in my hands. Being sent a broken airwrap was frustrating enough, but at this point it’s absurd. I should not have to chase down customer service to receive another airwrap which will only hopefully work. Moral of the story, get the Shark. 

Be the first to reply!