Broken Online Order Process | Dyson Community
Solved

Broken Online Order Process

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

1. Ordered an Airwrap online and completed the transaction.
  2. Received no order confirmation email.
  3. Check my bank account and the money had been debited from the account.
  4. Received an email saying that the items were still in the cart and for me to complete the transaction. 
  5. Contacted support and they said I’d only receive a transaction confirmation once the product has left the warehouse.

Dyson is a premium product that you pay a premium price for, this will be our 4th Dyson product, but this is pure amateur, especially in today’s online environment rife with fraud, you need to get it exactly right!! And not getting it right is unacceptable, at the moment you have my money and I have zero proof of purchase!!!!

I ordered via https://www.dyson.com.au/ is this site fraudulent? At the moment I really don’t know as I have received no confirmation of my purchase. Has a malicious threat actor hacked you order process? Again, who can say as I have no confirmation the transaction from Dyson, only missing money from my account?

I don’t believe your intended process is only to send an order confirmation once a product leaves the warehouse, this is just not logical, and on top of this to send an email to say I’m yet to complete the transaction?

Something is obviously broken in the backend, thousands of companies, large and small, get this right millions of times a day, how can a company like Dyson manage to screw up something that is now so fundamental?

So far I’ve only received verbal assurances that the transaction has been processed, no email/text confirmation, you’ve taken money from my account, acknowledge the fact, don’t ask me to order it again.

Please confirm that https://www.dyson.com.au/ is a legitimate site and that you have not been hacked and my money stolen?

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 March 2024, 14:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @OCS,

Welcome to the Dyson Community and thanks for letting us know about this. I can only apologise if your ordering experience didn’t live up to expectations this time around. 

I can confirm Dyson.com.au is our official website for Dyson Australia. Here at the Dyson Community we’re not able to access customer records or intervene in individual cases - for help tracing your order, you'll need to continue your initial conversation directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts locally.

You can find the contact information for the Dyson Australia Customer Care team here.

We’ll look forward to speaking with you!