Can I return my Dyson at another country that I purchased? | Dyson Community
Solved

Can I return my Dyson at another country that I purchased?

• 18 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought the hair dryer from Japan to use in Thailand but the voltage are different so I don’t want to risk using an electric voltage converter adapter. Does anybody know if I can return it or exchange it in Thailand or Singapore?

Thanks,

Knott

icon

Best answer by Jay 20 June 2023, 07:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Negative. The stock came off of Japan’s product line, it will have to be added again for a refund to be issues. Local Dyson will tell you the same. I think they can only help with support - they might be able to swap it. have you given them a call? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Knott 

It states that the warranty is only valid where your unit was purchased in. 

Especially where the distributor retails the product (like Thailand), there’s a high possibility that your exchange request would be refused. They do not have any obligations to exchange them.

Where is the Dyson guarantee valid?

• Where this machine is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold.
  • Where this machine is sold within the EU, this guarantee will only be valid (i) if the machine is used in the country in which it was sold or (ii) if the machine is used in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom and the same model as this machine is sold at the same voltage rating in the relevant country.
  • If you take your machine abroad the guarantee may be invalidated. However, we will do our best to help you in your new country of residence.