Corrale Flight Ready Proof. | Dyson Community
Solved

Corrale Flight Ready Proof.

• 27 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Have always been a fan of Dyson. Got my Corrale back in Dec 2022, have been using it for the past 3 months and absolutely love it.

Want to take my Corrale with me when I travel. Well aware of Flight mode and also strict restrictions in Japan which means I am not allowed to travel with my Corrale in and out of Japan.

Trying to follow instructions here. However, unable to get approvals from Airlines without providing proof / evidence.

The Corrale is UN 38.3 tested which means it is safe to be transported. However, spent a few hours with Dyson Support but unable to obtain a copy from Dyson on the UN 38.3 test report.

It is marked on the Corrale that Voltage = 14.4V and Power = 55W but unable to get information from Dyson website or anywhere on Capacity (mAh/Ah and Wh) and unable to demonstrate it to the Airlines that the Corrale is below the Airlines’ power rating threshold.

Dyson Support kept telling me I can travel with my Corrale except to/from Japan, however, unable to provide me with the proof / documentation I need.

Airlines kept telling me I am unable to travel with my Corrale as battery is non-removable (despite power / charge is less than a laptop).

It is such a shame with such a great product which is dual voltage and advertised as flight-friendly but unable to take it on flight.

Here is a link (Under Heat producing articles) on Cathay website which flat out saying no to hair irons. Again, spent several hours with them trying to explain the flight mode feature.

Any advice on how can I get my hand on the UN 38.3 test report and information on Capacity?

Thanks!

(Edited by Moderator - Title Amended) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 27 March 2023, 17:36

View original

2 replies

Apologies for the confusion but I completely understand the restrictions in Japan so I am not going to challenge that. My ask is to get a airlines’ approvals to take my Corrale to the rest of the World (other than Japan).

So, please if the moderator can remove Japan from the title. Apologies for the confusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @whywhyy8

Believe it or not, this isn’t a question we have come up all that often. Providing information on the product, how the design meet ICAO regulations and how the flight-ready tag(s) isolate the battery is usually sufficient.

In case the airline mis-understood the product, could I suggest speaking to them once more highlighting the following:

The Dyson Corrale™ straightener has been designed to meet ICAO regulations on products powered by batteries that produce heat. The Flight-ready tag isolates the battery from the heated plates when removed. 

Thanks, 

Stuart