Counterfeit Dyson Airwrap Sparking | Dyson Community
Solved

Counterfeit Dyson Airwrap Sparking

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

My daughter had a Dyson Airwrap bought for her by a late relative, all worked well for around 1 year (so well within the 2 year warranty).

Lately the Airwrap developed a strange sparking and has actually burnt a kitchen island bar stool so not happy at all about either!

On reporting to Dyson we had to wait over 5 weeks for the collection to be arranged and now the response we have is Dyson claiming the unit is a fake and it has been destroyed. Absolutely no way would an 87 year old who bought the Airwrap as a gift even know where to source such a thing. On complaining the Customer Services have been shocking, constantly asking us to speak with the person who bought it and request the receipt. I have had to explain over and over again that the person is deceased so I have no way of producing the receipt, they have even asked to get bank statements which also is not possible once a person passes away. The whole sage has been nothing short of awful and actually quite distressing.

Absolutely will not ever be purchasing anything from Dyson ever again, why would you pay some 3 or 4 times the cost of an appliance to be treated like this. I dispair.

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 April 2024, 12:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @paulmcreynolds1975,

If the team have examined the machine in question and have confirmed it to be a counterfeit, they are legally obliged to dispose of it responsibly, and won’t be able to return it to you. Counterfeit Dyson machines are often cheaply made, potentially dangerous, and don’t provide the same stand-out experience as a genuine Dyson machine. You can find out more about this here.

If you’d like to discuss the situation further, you will need to continue your conversation with the Dyson UK Customer Care team. Here at the Dyson Community, we don’t have access to customer details, and can’t intervene with individual cases.

I’m sorry we’re not able to help you further in this particular instance.

Hi Jack

Appreciate your reply but dealing with the Customer Care team is a joke. Like I mention they took weeks to arrange collection, was us chasing them all the time, they never returned any calls, didn’t listen and show any empathy when constantly asking for a receipt from a deceased relative. I will not waste my time calling them or ever purchasing another Dyson product in the future. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @paulmcreynolds1975,

I can only apologise if your experience didn’t live up to expectations on this occasion, and I’ll be happy to pass this feedback along to the right people for you.

You’re very welcome to get in touch with the team directly if you change your mind.