customer service issue - airwrap i.d. vs airwrap | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I bought my first ever Dyson hair product at the end of June this year. I was quite disappointed to learn that within few weeks of this purchase, Dyson released the newer technology of the air wrap i.d. which has new attachments as well.

my frustration is that this was not mentioned to me at the point of purchase - if I had known that a new technology was literally weeks away, I would have waited to buy this instead.

I reached out to the customer service team to ask about opportunities to exchange, and to raise a complaint and was told I’d be contacted within 72 hours. I haven’t heard back from anyone and just feel like as a new customer this experience has really put me off. 

I also feel like the tools aren’t working so well on my hair which is Afro textured. I was reassured by the sales assistant that this would work but I am regretting putting my faith in Dyson to protect and elevate my hair now. 

its a lot of money to spend - I just wish I was treated with care and understanding - I’m sure anyone else in a similar position would be disappointed too.  

Please can someone help me? 

Hi @Airwrappedafro,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback here. At Dyson, we’re not able to share details of any upcoming technology releases ahead of the launch date.

Outside of our standard 35 day UK returns policy, it wouldn’t be possible to exchange your machine. But the new attachments included with the Dyson Airwrap i.d™️ multi-styler (including the Conical Airwrap™️ barrel, the Blade Concentrator, and the Wave+Curl diffuser)  are compatible with all generations of Dyson Airwrap™️ multi-styler - and will be available to order separately.

Are you able to confirm where you purchased your machine from?