Dissatisfied with product claims & would like to return for a refund | Dyson Community
Solved

Dissatisfied with product claims & would like to return for a refund

• 25 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I purchased Dyson Corrale straighteners (serial no. 438758-03/03) 18/10/22 from Currys after reading the claims about them being less damaging to the hair because of the floating plate technology, lower heat requirement & the need to go over each hair section once only. I found the roughness of the plates dragged on my hair, using the 185 degree temperature, did not straighten my hair in one pass & over a period of 4 months, my hair has suffred a lot of breakage. I have previously used a number of other straigteners at less than half the price of the corrale over a 10 year period & have never experienced damage like this. Because f the reputation of Dyson & the positive feedback from friends about the Dyson Airwrap, I was very hopeful about this product, but ultimtely disappointed & my hairdresser was shocked by the damage they have caused my hair. I would like to return the product in it’s original condition for a full refund, so please confirm how this can be arranged.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 January 2023, 12:29

View original

1 reply

Hello, @Peli 

I am sorry to read you’ve had difficulty using the straighteners.

As the Dyson Corrale straighteners have smart heater technology, which functions whichever amount of hair you load, and ensure the plates are staying at the desired temperature, I suspect what you’re experiencing is the result of overpressure. There are a few subtle changes that can be made, which should help to avoid this in the future.

It’s important to note that the amount of hair you can fit between the plates is up to what is comfortable to you and we do recommend loading smaller amounts of hair for a minimal number of passes. To help you find the right approach for your hair type and style, we have a range of how-to videos on our website and Dyson Hair YouTube page that show you the best way to achieve the desired outcome. In addition, the speed at which you draw the plates down your hair will depend on your hair type and the style you are aiming for. 

Slightly changing how you use the product to suit your hair type may also help. Ensuring hair is completely dry will allow the plates to pass more evenly, and help to prevent any pulling or snagging. Using smaller sections of hair, and less tension on the grip can also help avoid overpressure of the straightening arms.

In terms of requesting a refund, as you placed an order directly with a retailer, a decision of this nature would come down to their individual store policies, and we wouldn't be able to comment on this. If you haven’t already contacted the retailer to discuss this, I’d encourage you to do so.

If you are still struggling or need further help with using the straighteners, we are happy to help. Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Contact us link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Thanks.