Do Dyson offer a temporary exchange of Dyson Airwrap when traveling overseas? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Do Dyson offer a temporary exchange of Dyson Airwrap when traveling overseas?

• 12 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! 

My name is Claudia Aranda from Peru. I currently live in US as a student. I owned a Dyson Airwrap and before buying it I did some exhaustive research about the product. My main concern was the problems with the different voltages among US and the countries I am regularly traveling to. However, when I raised this concern to an agent in the Live Chat he mentioned that I could travel to the country I want, and if there’s a Dyson Demo Store there I could bring my Airwrap for a temporary exchange with a local Airwrap that could function in the country I am. We that in mind, and continue and purchased the Airwrap knowing that I could have that support when traveling. However, now that I am traveling to Italy for a relative wedding, the customer center of Italy said to me that he had no idea about this possibility. I am stressed right now as I need the Airwrap to style myself and my family for the wedding. Can you please confirm with me that I can temporary borrow the product in Italy leaving mine Dyson Airwrap as guarantee while I am there? Please I am desperate. 

I’ve never heard of Dyson offering this service. The mention of it doesn’t appear in the warranty information. I think you were lied to. 

the-dyson-guarantee

Hello @carandap 

This sounds rather unusual. I, myself, am not familiar with any type of situation where we would have a customer temporarily borrow a product to be used in another country. I would agree, it does sound like you were given some incorrect information, and that’s concerning for us to see. Any time a product is purchased, it’s intended for use in the country where it was bought. If you purchased your Airwrap in the US, it would only work in the States, or in other countries that also have 110/120V electrical outlets. As I am sure you have seen posted before on this Community, we do not suggest nor recommend the use of an adaptor - that can cause your machine to malfunction, and any damage caused by that would not be covered under your machine’s guarantee. This is a great article here, which covers this topic. 

Let us know if you still have questions.