Dyson Airstrait Launch | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airstrait Launch

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone!

My name is Claire, and I'm currently pursuing a Master of Science in Marketing Management in the Netherlands. As part of my coursework on 'Marketing of New Products,' I'm delving into an in-depth analysis of Dyson's strategic and tactical decisions regarding the launch of the Airstrait.

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community in hopes of gaining insights into Dyson's decision to debut the Airstrait in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada before rolling it out to the global market. Is it possible that these markets served as initial testing grounds for the product? What factors might have influenced this phased approach to the launch? Or are there other reasons behind it?

Any perspectives, information, or resources you could share would be incredibly helpful for my assignment. I may be shooting in the dark here, but I thought this community would be the perfect place to seek such specialized knowledge!

Thank you in advance!

Warm regards, Claire

icon

Best answer by Jack 17 April 2024, 11:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey, I don’t think any of us knows how Dyson makes their decisions in where their products get debut first. All the best to your analysis.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Claire.cns,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

As you’ve mentioned, the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener was originally launched in the USA, Canada and Mexico. We’re a global technology enterprise, and we don’t always launch new technology everywhere at the same time.

Aside from this we don’t have further detail to share, but I hope this helps.