Dyson Airstrait stopped working after 2 weeks ! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airstrait stopped working after 2 weeks !

• 6 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I purchased the Dyson Airstrait a few weeks ago and was initially very impressed ( other than the length of the cable) even the massive plug didn’t bother me. However 2 weeks in and after only 6 uses it started cutting out. I reset it in the plug and it came on for a few seconds then cut out again. It had only been on for a few minutes. I tried it again the next day and nothing it was completely broken. I have returned it and had a refund but this seriously needs addressing I know this conversation will get shut down as others already have but I’m clearly not the only one. There is an issue with the power supply and burning them out that needs sorting. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 April 2024, 17:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @VickiG,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, which sounds extremely unusual - repeated failures from a brand new machine would not be the norm. Are you able to confirm if you’re using your machine plugged directly into a wall socket, or using an extension cord?

For help resolving this, you would need to continue your conversation with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. 

Please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

I never used an extension lead only the mains directly in the wall and in different sockets not the same one so can’t be that either. It was obviously the machine itself and after looking online other people are finding the same problem. I love that you’ve called this solved at the start and shut it down to others but I’ve seen other threads you’ve done the same too with the same issue so it’s hardly surprising. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @VickiG,

Thanks for clarifying on how you’ve been using your machine. This question isn’t shut down, but for further support you would need to speak again to our UK Customer Care team as whatever may be happening in this instance doesn’t seem to be something we can fix for you here on the Dyson Community. 

If you’ve since returned your machine for a refund, there’s not much else we can do right now. I’ve passed your feedback along for you to the right teams - and I can only apologise if you’ve been unhappy with your experience. 

Mine was the same worked lovely for 2 weeks and then stopped working I’ve since had 2 replacements that didn’t work at all and now they’re picking the newest replacement up Thursday to repair