Dyson Airwrap - How to use 120Volt in Euraisia? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap - How to use 120Volt in Euraisia?

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Good morning, everyone.

During my business trip to USA, I bought Dyson Airwrap for my wife and took it to my home country Kazakhstan.
After unpacking of the Dyson i understand that voltages are different in USA and Kazakhstan. My Dyson which I bought in USA applicable to work in 120Volts and 60Hz, but in Kazakhstan we have only 220Volts and 50Hz.

Is it possible to replace in official shop or in service center my Dyson Airwrap 120V to 220V in UK or Turkey (this are countries where i can send without problem)? Because we don’t have official dyson center in Kazakhstan.

If it isn't possible, could you please advise resolution of my problem? Because as i understand power adapter can’t be used for dyson.

Thank in advance for your response.

Best Regards,
Arman Kavissov

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 15 December 2022, 22:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @kavissov 

Welcome to the Community!  The short answer is, no. You wouldn’t effectively be able to use the Airwrap you purchased in the US, abroad or in other countries that don’t share the same 110/120V here in the US. We don’t suggest the use of an adaptor or converter as this can cause damage to your machine, as well as void your machine’s guarantee. We would recommend, as your next step, to get in touch with Dyson support in your country to see what options might be available to you. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Dear Arman,

Have you resolved your issue yet?