Dyson Corrale $500 hair starightener and only lasts 2 years? Absurd! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Corrale $500 hair starightener and only lasts 2 years? Absurd!

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I purchased a Dyson Corrale for my wife as a gift in March of 2020 for all of her hard work through the pandemic. (We both worked through it in healthcare). I purchased it from Best Buy for $544 with tax. In 1 year, the charging stand stopped working. She had to attach the device to the cord for it to charge. Ridiculous. Now, the past few months ago, when she turns it on to heat it up to use it, the device displays the warning screen that the device is too hot. The device will not reach any of the present temperatures because it will say too hot. We powered it off, waited for a while and tried again. We verified there is no nearby heat source and troubleshoot with dyson over the phone and the device will not heat up because the warning screen comes on. This device has never been dropped, left the house its been in and has only been used 1 time a week and kept clean and in mint condition and in less than 3 years have all of this negative experience with this product is absurd. We pay a premium for a product that is not premium and only lasts 3 years. I sent an email via the dyson support link and have not heard from anyone so I called the Dyson support number just to be told that email form in the chat box doesn’t work most of the time. Then I was told from dyson support the only option is for me to bring it to a dyson repair center nearby and pay for the repairs since the device warranty is only 2 years. This experience makes me never want to purchase another dyson product again or recommend it to anyone. This is very disappointing that someone spends this kind of money for a product that lasts less than 3 years. Her last hair straightener cost less than half the price of this product and is on its 8+ years running with no issue. Disappointing product and customer service. 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 16 February 2023, 20:41

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @ck523789 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Community. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. I do recall seeing your case when you reached out to us previously via our social media channels. I thought I’d step in here, to help answer some of the questions/concerns you raised. 

1. Dyson provide a two-year guarantee against their Hair care category. This guarantee covers the repair or where necessary the replacement of, as well as ongoing support of the machine. These are of course stipulations within and certain terms that need to be met before an action is carried out. A full list of these terms can be viewed on the local Dyson website. Simply click on the Dyson link and search for ‘The Dyson guarantee’. An example can be seen on the US website here - The Dyson guarantee.
  2. In the instance that a machine cannot be repaired, either within or outside of the guarantee, our customer service experts are ideally suited to discuss the options available to you and look to arriving at a resolution.

As with any Dyson machine, you can certainly book a repair. Our service technicians are very well-versed in all things Dyson, and would be more than happy to inspect your device, and to see if repairs can be made, or even help to determine if replacement parts are available to resolve an issue. As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation.

Best wishes,

I understand but is less than 3 years considered a reasonable lifespan for a device, which is at a premium of $500+, that is operated less than normal (1 time a week) from the average consumer? I mean the charging stand to stop working then the device. Seems pretty outrageous for consumers to pay $500 for this device. 

I understand but is less than 3 years considered a reasonable lifespan for a device, which is at a premium of $500+, that is operated less than normal (1 time a week) from the average consumer? I mean the charging stand to stop working then the device. Seems pretty outrageous for consumers to pay $500 for this device. 

I’ve responded to a similar question tonight. Where t there is a query on replacement goods after the warranty had elapsed. 

While it’s evident you are unhappy and in an unpleasant predicament, the only resolution at hand has been indicated by the Dyson mod. Their policy doesn’t allow for the replacement or repair for free after the time has elapsed. 

They’re rather clear on their terms of the warranty at purchase and there isn’t any mis-leading text to the contrary. It is fixed at two-year and has no bearing on use, or even lack of.

Pete. 

I understand the warranty is exhausted and their terms are clear but when you spend $500 for a straightener, I think you expect it to last more than 3 years especially if you’re only using it once a week. The charging stand stopped working within a year and then the actual device a year later. Seems like poor quality control. I asked dyson what is the expected lifespan of this device under normal usage and dyson couldn’t give an answer. I don’t know if they don’t test expected lifespan of devices but a premium brand like dyson should have better lifespan for their devices compared to other brands.