Dyson Corrale™ straightener | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Just received these and find that the plates feel quite snaggy like they are ripping my hair.  Usually the plates glide through the hair.  Is this how they are meant to be, is it just a case of getting used to it?

Hi @Kesling1,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson Corrale™️ straighteners!

The Dyson Corrale­™️ straightener’s unique flexing plates adapt to the hair tress to gather and control it. As the flexing plates automatically apply the right amount of tension to the hair tress, you may find you need to apply less pressure than you would with a traditional, fixed plate straightener.

So loosening your grip and applying less pressure should help avoid any issues with snagging.

Some additional usage tips which may help include -

• Before styling, ensure your hair is tangle-free and completely dry. Passing a detangling comb through your hair will help align the strands.
  • For best results, section your hair before starting to style.
  • The perfect hair tress size will depend on your hair type. Try a few different section sizes and see what works best for you. If you have coarse or curly hair, try starting with smaller sections. If you have fine hair, try using larger sections.
  • To maximise the benefits of the flexing plates, ensure the hair tress is in the middle of the plates when styling.
  • Try using slow, even passes rather than multiple quick passes.

Hope this helps, but if you find this experience continues even after adjusting your technique, please visit Dyson.com and click Support to get in touch with the right Dyson Customer Care team. They’ll be happy to take some further details, and help check everything is working correctly with your machine.

Thank you Jack, very helpful advice.  I had a better experience today.  Think it’s just a case of getting used to them.  When I went from GHD to Cloud 9 I didn’t like them at first I wasn’t keen but now I like them more.  I just need straighteners that are less damaging so I am hoping they help in that respect.