Dyson retail NY - She is an Awesome asset to the Dyson Family | Dyson Community

Dyson retail NY - She is an Awesome asset to the Dyson Family

• 13 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

While on vacation in NY, My son’s girlfriend needed to purchase an attachment for her blow dryer. We entered the Times Square location and were greeted and assisted by a salesperson. With disappointment, the attachment was reportedly not available. As we browsed the other products, another salesperson Alicia approached the 4 of us. She was pleasant, friendly and soon we would discover knowledgeable, helpful and an excellent salesperson. She answered the initial questions regarding the attachment and corrected the misinformation given previously and sold her the attachment. She provided a consultation on how to achieve our desired look for our hair texture and before we left had sold me a Dyson supersonic blow dryer.   She took the time to explain the product, how to use it and the different attachments provided. I received a fair market value and was pleased with my unexpected purchase. As we left, happy that we would be receiving our Dyson products in the mail when we returned home, my son stated he wish he could have purchased a Dyson supersonic blow dryer. So we turned around and Alicia sold him one as well!
Great service, knowledgeable, professional and now someone we can contact if we need assistance!  
By far she is an asset to the Dyson family!

Jack 1 year ago

Hi @YellowLemon

What you have there is the Dyson Flyaway tool - a finishing tool for straight hairstyles. It uses the Coanda effect to lift and attract longer hair strands, while a second airflow jet pushes flyaways through the tress and out of sight. This video gives a good overview of how the Flyaway tool works and the development process that went into creating it:

Since it was launched we’ve had lots of great feedback from Dyson owners, and we’d love to hear what you think if you have a chance to give it a try!

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Darlin! 

Alicia saved the day! 

I truly love my Dyson, wherever I go and see them, they’ve always made me feel like the only one in the store. In the best of ways, if you get what I mean! I really do love when they go that extra step and explain everything, to the smallest, tiniest detail. I should really go visit them again soon. I got this one gift for Christmas and I swear, it looks like a coat hanger! For the life of me I can’t work out what it’s for! Do you know what is it? 

** I borrowed this picture from the internet. I don’t have it on me **

I'm also dying to hear what she’d said about using it and the rest of the attachments.

Lemon 🍋

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @We are family 

Thank you so much for taking the time to come here and share this feedback with us. We love to hear from our owners, and this is exactly the type of experience we hope for all owners to have. We will be sure to take the time to pass this feedback onto the local team at this Demo Store. I am sure they will appreciate you sharing as well.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @YellowLemon

What you have there is the Dyson Flyaway tool - a finishing tool for straight hairstyles. It uses the Coanda effect to lift and attract longer hair strands, while a second airflow jet pushes flyaways through the tress and out of sight. This video gives a good overview of how the Flyaway tool works and the development process that went into creating it:

Since it was launched we’ve had lots of great feedback from Dyson owners, and we’d love to hear what you think if you have a chance to give it a try!

Userlevel 1

Kellym,

That’s your flyaway attachment!  It helps to manage those strands of hair that won’t lay down!!!😳

Userlevel 1

YellowLemon,

Sorry, I’m new at this!  My reply was to you regarding the flyaway attachment not Kellym 😳 oops!

We are family

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

YellowLemon,

Sorry, I’m new at this!  My reply was to you regarding the flyaway attachment not Kellym 😳 oops!

We are family

Hey there! 

Not to worry darlin, I understood 😀!

Thanks for taking the time to reply a second time! Super sweet of you.

Lemon 🍋