Dyson's identified my Supersonic as a counterfeit machine | Dyson Community

Dyson's identified my Supersonic as a counterfeit machine

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I bought a dyson hair dryer. To make sure it's original, I immediately registered it on dyson.com Registration was without any problems. It crashed about two weeks ago. I contacted technical support. But since I'm from Poland, I had to register the hair dryer on a Polish website. It was also registered on the Polish website. Booked me in for repairs under warranty. The courier took it, and today I receive a letter from the service stating that my hair dryer is not original and they offer me to dispose of it. How is this to be understood in general? I immediately began to register my hair dryer to make sure it is 100% original, I'm not an expert, and I can't determine on my own whether it's original or not. So we can't trust serial numbers on Dyson products?

Anonymous 1 year ago

If you didn’t purchasing it directly or through one of their recognised retailers, there’s a risk it’s a fake. I suspect the serial code provided was for a legitimate dyson. A closer inspection clearly revealed it was not.

Two recommendations. Advertised where you purchased it from as being fake, so others don’t fall foul and contact them, demanding a refund. Selling a fake product is usually against internaltional selling regulations and breaks certain laws.

Dyson explain how they identify fakes in their web article here - Counterfeit Machines (dyson.co.uk).

View original

3 replies

If you didn’t purchasing it directly or through one of their recognised retailers, there’s a risk it’s a fake. I suspect the serial code provided was for a legitimate dyson. A closer inspection clearly revealed it was not.

Two recommendations. Advertised where you purchased it from as being fake, so others don’t fall foul and contact them, demanding a refund. Selling a fake product is usually against internaltional selling regulations and breaks certain laws.

Dyson explain how they identify fakes in their web article here - Counterfeit Machines (dyson.co.uk).

Userlevel 1

Yes, I have already contacted the support service, on the platform from which I bought. There were complaints about this seller and he has already been removed. And they promised me compensation, but first I need to contact the police. 🙄

Userlevel 1

Be careful not to buy from non-authorized dealers