Dyson Supersonic hairdryer | Dyson Community

Dyson Supersonic hairdryer

Userlevel 1

Issues with the air filter cover breaking.

I've received two different sets of advice. One from the call centre and one from an online chat service.

The online chat appears to have generated a product dispatch, which it says it doesn't have any of, with no further explanation in the email ie will it be dispatched when or if it comes back into stock etc. As mine has a preformed UK plug (I'm in the UK), I don't see how this can be applied by me, unless the replacement filter cover has a different style to the original.

During phone call a video link was created for her to see the issue and she said after going  away for some time that it would have to be returned for it to be replaced...and I would hear from that department to arrange a collection etc. Ie I've not had any further contact since, except the above email (from the online chat) saying a replacement would be sent, but non are available.

Help, which is correct and what should I expect. My one year guarantee will be ending shortly and therefore I don't want this to expire.

Has anyone else had these issues and what did you get to resolve the matter?

Bob 11 months ago

Dyson offer a 2-year guarantee against their Hair Care products. Even if you were coming up to that expiring, as you’ve initiated a conversation, they’re duty bound to repair of replace it. 

If the filter isn’t a consumer fit part, they’ve return it for a repair. It might be worth checking there online store to see if it can be purchased or not. If it can’t be, then a return would be required. Here’s a link. Dyson Supersonic™️ hair dryer parts | Dyson

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Dyson offer a 2-year guarantee against their Hair Care products. Even if you were coming up to that expiring, as you’ve initiated a conversation, they’re duty bound to repair of replace it. 

If the filter isn’t a consumer fit part, they’ve return it for a repair. It might be worth checking there online store to see if it can be purchased or not. If it can’t be, then a return would be required. Here’s a link. Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer parts | Dyson

Yes. I am not sure if this part can be purchased. Maybe it can be, maybe it cannot. Dyson sell for their professional hair dryers. Spare filter cage 969219-01 | Dyson. Message reads:

Return to fix might be best. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Dyson  have now confirmed they are sending out a replacement part. I will see once it arrives if it can be fitted without returning the hairdryer. I simply can't envisage how it can be attached with a pre-formed plug it can't fit over, unless the replacement is a different design. We'll see, it should be with me in the next few days. Cheers