Dyson USA - Extended Warranty at HiClyde.com | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson USA - Extended Warranty at HiClyde.com

• 14 February 2023
  • 5 replies

If you purchase a Dyson hair dryer at a retaill store, are you still able to purchase the Clyde Extended Warrantly thru HiClyde.com?

I see the HiClyde.com site asking for the purchase email and I did not purchase on Dyson.com, I think this is why I cant see my purchase to buy the extended warranty. Is it worth it to return to retailer and purchase thru dyson.com if that is the case?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Converted to Question)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 15 February 2023, 16:33

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Hey @LeopardEyes

I’ve never hear of Dyson offering an extended warranty, at purchase or after 😬. Maybe Clyde doing this as a third-party. If they are, I’d honestly suggest checking with them on what is accepted.

My mobile phone insurer requests either an invoice or order confirmation. Maybe Clyde are the same. I’d imagine the retail store could arrange for one of these to be sent to you. have you checked? 

Jay. 

Hi JayJay - Yes, Hiclyde.com is a third party listed on the Dyson website in the warranty/ extended warranty section. I tried all avenues- thru Dyson customer service and calling Clyde at the number listed online (888) 585-8504, but no one is ever available at Clyde. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Left a voicemail and nothing.. Unsure what to do next..

You know! I didn’t know that this was even an offer! Very lucky. There isn’t anything like that in the UK. 

Maybe one of the US Mods can provide us with some information? 😃

@kellym You’re in the US right? 

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @JayJay Indeed I am! 

We just recently rolled this out in the US, and being in my role, I don't know a lot about the exact details, as I don't handle any sales, I'm more well versed in post-purchase issues. However, it's also something from Clyde here in the US. To the very best of my knowledge, the extended warranty is something that can only be added on at the time the Dyson machine is purchased. It's not something that a customer can decide to add, post purchase. During checkout on the Dyson.com website, there is a section to add "protect purchase" when checking out. This is the ONLY place where it can be added to an order. Of course, keep in mind, our cord-free, air treatment and hair care products still carry their own 2-year warranty, and upright/canister vacuums a 5-year warranty. 

To claim the extended warranty, customers can click on either of these two links: https://joinclyde.com/connect or https://support.joinclyde.com/hc/en-us

Currently, the categories covered where this is available to purchase would be our cordless vacuums, fans and heaters, purifiers and humidifiers, hair dryers, hair stylers and hair straighteners. I hope this helps!

Thank you Kelly. This was very helpful!