Frustrating Customer Service - Ongoing issue | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dyson CS is absolutely awful! They have no answers and always tell you to wait for 48 hours and if something hasn’t happened to contact them again. This is frustrating and infuriating for products that are supposed to be customer centric.

My issue began when I contacted them in September as the head of my Dyson Ball Animal 2 quit working. After going through troubleshooting with the CSR I was told a replacement head would be needed, however, after checking, they were out of stock. Due to this I was told a replacement, Ball Animal 3 Complete would be provided to me free of charge. In order to fulfill this however, I would have to return my broken vacuum. I agreed to do so and shipped the vacuum back to Dyson. A few days after receiving the defective unit, Dyson shipped out the replacement Animal 3, which was due to be delivered the next day. The next day came and went and I didn’t receive the new unit. I contacted UPS and they stated the unit was placed on the wrong truck and would be delivered the next day, great! Again, the next day came and went and no new vacuum arrived. I figured ok, no worries, it’ll be delivered the next day. The next day came and went and the delivery still didn’t happen and tracking the order showed no movement. I reached out to UPS and was told the delivery hadn’t been scanned in more than 24 hours and looks to be a lost shipment. I was told to reach out to the shipper and let them know so they can start the claim process, which I did. While in the chat the CSR stated they would create a new shipment for yet another Animal 3 to be shipped to me, however, they would need to receive the lost shipment back prior to sending me the new vacuum. I stated that made no sense, as the lost shipment is...lost! I was assured Dyson would take care of me. Days pass and still no movement on the new shipment. I reach out to Dyson CS again, and they state, yet again, they need to confirm the lost shipment had been received. I once again state that the shipment won’t be received as UPS has stated the shipment is LOST! I was told to give them 24-48 hours to get the new shipment sent. Another 48 hours pass and surprise, no movement on my new Animal 3. I once again reach out to CS and I’m told the issue was previously escalated as it’s highlighted in the system and my new vacuum would be sent as soon as they receive the last shipment back. I stated to the CSR they wouldn’t receive the other shipment as UPS has reported it as lost. I’m told to give Dyson 24-48 hours to review and if the new machine hasn’t been shipped to contact them again. I told the CSR that answer was unacceptable as I’ve been told this same answer on multiple occasions. I asked if I could speak directly to a manager and was told no, as they would tell me the same thing. Wow!

TLDR: Dyson CS is absolutely terrible, avoid them at all costs. Simply put, after these interactions we have made the decision to avoid giving this company another dollar.

Upon further searching, it seems CS is a huge issue for Dyson. The more of us that stop supporting companies like this the better off we’ll be in the future. If you’re thinking about purchasing a product from Dyson and are reading the many, many issues with products and support, rethink Dyson as a company, it just isn’t worth it!

Be the first to reply!