Hair straightener - Broken open/close button - How to fix? | Dyson Community
Solved

Hair straightener - Broken open/close button - How to fix?

• 18 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi

My wife has a standard hair straightener, and the “chrome” plastic open/close button has broken, one of the legs has snapped which holds the button in place, I have looked at the Dyson spares list but does not show this as something Dyson sell?, has anyone else had this fail, if so were you able to find a replacement part?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 21 September 2023, 13:48

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Steelboy

Thanks for highlighting this.

As it doesn’t look like our other members has experienced this problem, I thought I would step in to help provide an answer.

This isn’t a part which is sold online via Dyson as a customer fit. However, that isn’t to say that our local team’s around the globe don’t sell it as a direct purchase. I recommend clicking on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and starting a conversation via either WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

If you’re still within the 2-year guarantee for this product, a repair/replacement part would generally be free. Outside of this time, either option will be charged. The helpline expert will be able to confirm this to you. 

Thanks,

Stuart

Many thanks Stuart, have messaged them so will see if they can help, GB