How can you travel abroad with Dyson Airwrap? | Dyson Community
Solved

How can you travel abroad with Dyson Airwrap?

• 5 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I live in the US and have a Dyson Airwrap that I purchased here two years ago. The warrantee has already expired at this point. Anyway, I am traveling to Asia to the countries that use 220v. I have been trying to find information about how to bring my Airwrap and use it oversea but there are many conflicted and unclear information on the internet. I even called the expert and asked the store manager but all of them couldn’t give confirm and clear information of how I can or can not use the machine oversea and what would be the solution for people who travel. It just doesn’t make sense how a personal care product can’t be travelled to another countries however I understand about the voltage difference. So I really need to get a clear answer for two questions.

Can I use the machine with the voltage converter?

What if I buy a new one in Asia that is for 220v, can I use it when I travel to other countries that use the same voltage 220v? (Understand about the warrantee but my question is just whether it is working or not)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 6 December 2022, 16:04

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @varisy 

Hi there! The quick easy answer is no, you cannot use your Dyson Airwrap abroad, or in another country that doesn’t have the same electrical voltage that we have here in the US, 110/120V. We don’t suggest the use of an adaptor or converter to use your device in another country, as that can cause damage to the machine, including permanent damage to the motor. The only Dyson device in our haircare line that is currently rated for universal use (with the exception of Japan) is our Dyson Corrale hair straightener.

Best wishes,

My second question is if I buy dyson Airwrap for 220v in Asia, can I use in Europe? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello again!

You’d be able to use that in any country that shares the same 220V. 

I’m traveling to California in February. Searching everywhere for an answer to this question! Frustrating, I visited the London store, spoke to Dyson on live chat and even went as far ringing the helpline. Each answer was different! I don’t mind that it won’t work. I’d rather not damage it. I now know!