How long should my Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (gray/white) last? | Dyson Community

How long should my Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (gray/white) last?

• 8 April 2023
  • 3 replies

How long should my hair dryer last? It keeps turning off, with more frequency to the point where I can’t get it to stay on long enough to dry my hair. I regularly clean the filter with a soft toothbrush and remove the cover and clean underneath the plastic cap. It seems like at this price point it should have lasted longer than 5 years given that I don’t dry my hair every day - maybe only 3 times a week at the maximum. But I don’t know what it reasonable for this expensive hair dryer. Also if it can be serviced, what are my options, before I break down and have to buy a replacement. At that point I will probably buy a Shark.

Anonymous 1 year ago

Hey @weinbaul 

This is not normal behaviour. More often than not, when a dryer shuts off, it’s due to an overheating issue. The most common cause of that is the filter, and you can read more about machine maintenance here

If you are holding the dryer with your hand covering the filter vent at the bottom, that could cause the dryer to overheat and shut off. Or, if using in an outlet not suited to the dryer’s voltage can also cause problems. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hey @weinbaul 

This is not normal behaviour. More often than not, when a dryer shuts off, it’s due to an overheating issue. The most common cause of that is the filter, and you can read more about machine maintenance here

If you are holding the dryer with your hand covering the filter vent at the bottom, that could cause the dryer to overheat and shut off. Or, if using in an outlet not suited to the dryer’s voltage can also cause problems. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

How do I get in touch via the WhatsApp channel?

Hey @weinbaul

There should be an option shown on the ‘Contact Us’ page. 

If there isn’t an option for WhatsApp, then there may be one shown for Facebook Messengers or another instant messaging service offered in your market. 

If you’re having trouble, please contact the local team by telephone. 

Thanks,