How often do you clean your AIrwrap filters? | Dyson Community
Solved

How often do you clean your AIrwrap filters?

• 24 January 2024
  • 1 reply

My Dyson airwrap flashes the white filter light after every use.

I clean the filter but it always starts flashing again before the end of my next use. 

Is this normal? 

I thoroughly clean with the brush and have washed it several times.

Surely it shouldn't need this level of cleaning after every use 🙈 TIA 

icon

Best answer by Jack 25 January 2024, 12:36

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mitsy04,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The filter on the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler needs to be kept clean to ensure the machine receives enough airflow to work and style effectively. How often it needs to be cleaned does depend on use, and the environment it’s used in - airborne particles of hairspray, styling products and hair fibres can all impact filter performance.

We wouldn’t normally expect it to need cleaning after every use, so it may need a more thorough clean to restore performance. Follow the steps shown in our video guide below - but we’d also recommend allowing the removed outer filter cage to soak for 30 minutes in warm water and clarifying shampoo to help break down any clinging residue of styling products, before cleaning it with the C-brush under running water, and then allowing it to air dry completely.

The inner metal filter mesh should also be very thoroughly cleaned with the dry C-brush - after cleaning, you should be able to clearly see daylight through both parts of the filter when held up to the light.

Hope this helps! If you continue to have issues after trying this, we’d recommend speaking directly to Dyson Customer Care when you have your machine to hand. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.