Is it normal to receive second hand goods when paying for new? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is it normal to receive second hand goods when paying for new?

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I recently purchased an Airwrap Complete for my wife’s Christmas present, and as she’s out this morning thought I’d take the oportunity to wrap it.

I noticed though that the plastic seal on the box had been cut so, curious, I opened the lid. I then found the paper wrap had also been opened, and finger prints on the top of the storage box. So I opened the box, to find hairs in the brushes and all the attachements smashed down into the carboard packaging.

There’s no way this thing is new, but this close to Christmas I also know there’s no way I’ll be able to resolve the issue in time. Is this normal for Dyson now? I mean, we’ve had numerous vacuums and fans over the years and never really had an issue.

So, thanks Dyson. £500 and a massive let down before she’s even started using it!

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 22 December 2022, 16:09

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

No…. I’ve never heard of it happening. Everything I’ve brought has always arrived sealed.

Have you called to complain / get a replacement? They might be able to get something to you before Christmas. 

Nope. Nothing that I’ve come across with Dyson. 

I’d classify them as a prestigious technology manufacturer and fully expect their products to arrive sealed and undamaged. If it isn’t or wasn’t on arrival, I’d refuse delivery and be chasing a replacement. 

As you’ve discovered this after the fact, they only option here would really be to either arrange an exchange or refund. Neither of which are quick.

Could the delivery company have tampered with it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @NathanJT 

This is definitely not normal. The only time a certified refurbished machine would be shipped, is if that was what was ordered. Otherwise, your package should be brand-new, and not opened prior to that arriving to you. We’re terribly sorry that this has been your experience, it’s certainly concerning for us to hear.

So that we may make things right for you, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Thanks for the replies. It was definitely shipped in this condition as the outer cardboard box it came in was sealed as you'd expect.

I also managed to find the WhatsApp link to contact support and have started dealing with them to resolve this. However that's not now going to happen this side of Christmas so I've wrapped it and will simply have to explain to my wife the situation when she opens it. Support also want a video of the condition of it as well so that'll be a fun let down come Christmas morning.

Honestly, it's just really taken the shine out of a) buying a premium product and b) what would have been a great Christmas present.

What joy!