Missing item on delivery - Contacting Dyson | Dyson Community
Solved

Missing item on delivery - Contacting Dyson

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

In September I placed one order of the dyson airwrap special edition, and it was included as a gift a travel case. The delivery address was to a friend who lives in UK, and as soon as he gave me the closed box I opened and saw that inside was missing the travel case. I tried to contact Dyson Whats app support and was told that the order was under his name, so he needed to contact Dyson. He contacted and they said that as the product is with me I should contact, and we are in this forever loop with us both contacting and they saying different things for us and not solving the problem, I really dont know what else I can do. Has anyone else experienced this unpleasant situation with them? 

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category/Tags added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 25 November 2022, 01:51

View original

4 replies

Their customer service has always been second to none when I’ve contacted them. Admittedly this is directly via their phone line and not through WhatsApp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hiya ☺️! Nope! I can’t say that I have. Everything crossed it sorted for you soon!!! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @claudianecielo 

This is an unfortunate predicament. 

Due to legal legislation, GDPR and Data Protection, in the United Kingdom it a requirement for business to only discuss the order details with the original purchaser. As the purchaser of the goods and therefore owner recipient, your friend is the only one that can discuss the order directly. This is why you have been unsuccessful.

In the instance the goods developers a fault, were you then to contact the business, they will discuss service, maintenance and other product related questions with you. This is due to the service warranty and ownership passing to you. This doesn’t however enable you to discus the previous placed order. 

To avoid further frustration, I recommend your friend take ownership of resolving this matter and speaks directly to Dyson. 

David. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @claudianecielo

We really appreciate you reaching out to us, and we regret hearing of the order concern.  We realize the issue hasn’t been resolved and we certainly want to help!  Due to the nature of the issue, we encourage you to please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.  To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

We wish you a pleasant day ahead and sincerely thank you for your time!