Save yourself money and do not buy the Dyson Supersonic hair dyer | Dyson Community
Solved

Save yourself money and do not buy the Dyson Supersonic hair dyer

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Others have posted about this issue on this forum but my wife’s Dyson hair dryer stopped working for no reason after 4 years of use. I brought it in to a Dyson service center and was told it was a motor issue that was not repairable. My options were to recycle it or get 20% off a new hairdryer. Given how common this problem seems to be, Dyson is essentially asking me to pay $100/year in perpetuity for a hair dyer. Save yourself the trouble, money, and time and buy a different hair dryer from anywhere else for a fraction of the cost.

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 March 2024, 16:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

I would be a bit annoyed but sometimes technology fails. My Dyson super sonic will be 6 years old this year and used every other day as my children use it too. I don’t think it’s a waste of money as they are a lot better than normal hairdryers because of less damage and safer for my children to use. I think 4 years is still a long time. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @moneydownthedrain,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

As with any of our machines, the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer is engineered to last. Inside our labs, and in real home environments, we test relentlessly to make sure our technology is robust enough for the stresses and strains of daily use:

We back all of our brand new haircare machines with a free 2-year warranty. Once warranty cover expires, any repairs or replacement parts needed would be chargeable - despite this, I understand you were offered a discount off a new machine as a gesture of goodwill. Of course it would be your decision whether to order again or not.

I can only apologise again if you were unhappy with your experience overall, and I’ll be happy to make sure your comments are passed along to the right teams for you 

Mine broke just after 2yr and now they want £99 to fix it 😒