Terrible customer service experience - Refund Process | Dyson Community

Terrible customer service experience - Refund Process

• 15 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I ordered my Dyson via Affirm in December, I received it and it did not give me the results I was hoping for. That being said I felt confident in returning due to the money back guarantee and Dysons so called “great customer service”. It is now 2/15 and I still have not received my refund after multiple calls to Dyson. I called today and the rep told me “Oh yeah it looks like the warehouse never confirmed they received the items even though we did” (and this was after I was sent an email confirming they received items back) He says all he can do for me now is refund me in 10-14 days, even though I have already waited well over that, now just more time goes by. I told the rep that I will be telling everyone and anyone I know how disappointing my experience with Dyson was, and he seemed to be fine with it. If you are OK with horrible customer service after spending $600 on a hair curler, then Dyson is for you. I would advise you purchase with DRYBAR. 

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @marisanb

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. If you could please drop me a DM, including your country/market, I’ll make sure I personally share your feedback with the relevant department and highlight this breakdown in communication, helping to ensure that it doesn’t repeat itself in the future.

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them and come to a resolution together. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation, including investigating potential causes to this service breakdown. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with or intervene on your behalf. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @marisanb

Thanks for letting us know about this.

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. If you could please drop me a DM, including your country/market, I’ll make sure I personally share your feedback with the relevant department and highlight this breakdown in communication, helping to ensure that it doesn’t repeat itself in the future.

As you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them and come to a resolution together. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation, including investigating potential causes to this service breakdown. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with or intervene on your behalf. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

I am having this exact same issue. I am beyond my wits end and will NEVER purchase again from Dyson. I have spoken to 3 people directly and have had at least 10 chats. Every time it’s a different answer and I keep being told that they will escalate my refund or the refund is in process and you will have to wait two billing cycles to receive full refund. Are you kidding? When I made the payment of $212, I didn’t say you’ll have to wait for my billing cycle before you’ll get your money. This has been going on since January 15. 
I’m so discouraged and will now be fighting with credit card company to get the money back. 
I have repeatedly asked for transcript of all correspondence, and have never received any. 
so disappointed 

I have been talking to customer for the past week, they keep telling me my Dyson replacement air purifier and humidifier have shipped, even providing me with a tracking number.  Unfortunatly On the UPS web site it says the label was created 2/13 but they have not received the package.  I was told last week it was definitely on the way but UPS still doesn’t have it, because I called UPS.  I don’t like being lied to, I asked for a manager and they said they would have someone call me back, that never happened.  The customer service is so bad, I hate calling them so that’s probably what they want.   I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DYSON ANYTHING.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Demerson 

Thanks for letting us know you haven’t received your refund yet - I’m sorry this has taken longer than expected this time round. Normally, once your return has been checked in as received in our warehouse, you can expect to receive a refund back within 7-10 business days, though some times it may take us a few days longer to process that. The 1-2 billing cycles that you were quoted refers to the billing practices of your bank or financial institution. That is the general timeframe we provide, as it can take them 1-2 billing cycles for the refund to reflect on your account statement, not for the actual refund to process.

If you still need help, our local Contact Centre teams are best placed to support you with queries relating to order status, payments/refunds or deliveries. They have access to your order history and payment details - they can investigate on your behalf, and escalate internally if needed. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can help you with.

I'd encourage you to contact the Dyson Helpline, speaking with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section on our Guides and manuals link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @dkursch1 

Thank you for your message here as well. Your issue sounds rather unusual, but it can happen, unfortunately. It’s never something we intend, but we are always happy to look into the best possible resolution for you. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

Thank you for the response Kelly. 
As I’ve stated, I have spoken directly to three different representatives and it’s always a different answer. So maybe it’s the training these customer service reps are receiving, or that English is not their first language, but something is definitely being lost in translation.
My return item was received at the warehouse January 26, according to the email I received. It’s coming up on almost 30 days, so I am hoping the refund will be soon.