UK Airwrap in Italy and Spain - URGENT | Dyson Community

UK Airwrap in Italy and Spain - URGENT

• 15 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I purchased an Airwrap a while back in the UK. I am now in holiday in Italy and brought it with me. I just assumed that I could use it with an adapter the way I use my phone charger, however upon attempting the adapter shut off few seconds after I turned on the Airwrap and hasn’t worked since, had to toss it.

I can’t find a helpful answer online. I found this: https://support.dyson.com.au/supporthome.aspx/Hair-Care/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/Dyson-Airwrap-Styler/310729-01/using-your-dyson-machine/how-to-use-your-appliance-abroad which states I should be able to use it since Italy and UK share the same V range.

I contacted Dyson UK since they sold me the product to ask for advice and they told me since I am not in the UK at the moment that I should contact Dyson Italy for assistance and that they could potentially supply me with an airwrap with a EU plug. I contacted Dyson Italy and they were disgustingly rude and pretty plainly just said they cannot help me, I should not use an adaptor and I should only use the airwrap in the country of purchase. I explained I am planning to move to Spain in the next year or so and asked whether they seriously expect me to purchase a new product just to use it in the new country I am moving to and they simply said yes. 

I went back to Dyson UK saying Dyson Italy refused to help and Dyson UK simply said according to them it should work but they cannot help me and I need to go back to Dyson Italy. This is utterly ridiculous. That machine is extremely expensive and I am getting horrible customer service. According to Google Italy, Spain and the UK share the same voltage, I don’t understand much about it but it gave me 230V for all three of them. I am just trying to understand how to use this machine abroad, can someone please help??

Ideally someone with a UK machine who travelled to a EU plug country with 230V. Please, I am desperate. The idea that this machine will be useless once I move in a year is making me extremely irritable right now. 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Officially, the guarantee isn’t universal, it is only active in the country you purchase it. Dyson UK should have really helped you. They wouldn’t of been able to supply a part in Italy, but once you came back to the UK, that's where they should have stepped in. 

Confusingly, on this community post (The Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler and Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? they do state that it isn’t designed to work with an adapter etc. It’s worth reading this.

Instead of tossing it, you might have brought it back to the UK with you, and tried it in a plug here. It might have just overheated or you might of had a power spike when in Italy. 

As for next steps, if it isn’t working at all and you’re not coming back to the UK, you’ll have to buy another one. Maybe someone locally will swap with you? 

Hold on, you tossed it! That's £500 down the drain! I’m sure Dyson will only help you if you have the physical product. If you’ve thrown it out, there’s nothing they can do either way! They don’t offer an international cover, so you’ll have to be back in the UK to make a claim. 

Hi @samiracaruso 

If you still need help or feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number. 

I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.  

Thanks

Hold on, you tossed it! That's £500 down the drain! I’m sure Dyson will only help you if you have the physical product. If you’ve thrown it out, there’s nothing they can do either way! They don’t offer an international cover, so you’ll have to be back in the UK to make a claim. 

No, of course I haven’t tossed it. I would’ve kept it till I got back to the UK to see if it still worked at the very least. But in the end I ended up purchasing a new adapter since I needed one for my phone and laptop anyways and decided to try it again with the new adapter and it seems to be working fine. 

I am still disgusted by the Dyson customer service, especially in Italy. Rude, dismissive and unhelpful to the core.

Thanks for the feedback @samiracaruso  

No, of course I haven’t tossed it. I would’ve kept it till I got back to the UK to see if it still worked at the very least. But in the end I ended up purchasing a new adapter since I needed one for my phone and laptop anyways and decided to try it again with the new adapter and it seems to be working fine. 

I am still disgusted by the Dyson customer service, especially in Italy. Rude, dismissive and unhelpful to the core.

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.