Wow I Just Got My Dyson Airstrait Today In The UK, Its Amazing | Dyson Community

Wow I Just Got My Dyson Airstrait Today In The UK, Its Amazing

• 30 January 2024
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1

What does everyone else think of theirs? It is beautifully designed and engineered, and it works so well on dry hair, I’m about to try it on washed wet hair, I have unruly, thick wavy waist length naturally grey hair, we will see how it get on with my frizz and waves and I’ll come here to update. 🙂 If I had to say anything negative, it’s just the lack of a nice presentation box to keep it in, like my other Dyson hair products came in. 

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @HellsbellsUK,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson Airstrait™ straightener!

It’s great to hear you’re so happy with it - let us know what you think when you’ve had a chance to put it through its paces with wet-to-dry styling. 

Thanks for your feedback around the storage box, this is useful insight. We include a storage box with the Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, and some variants of the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, to help you keep all your additional attachments safe and easily to hand. We don't currently always include it with our other haircare machines as these don't include as many accessories. But the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener does include a heatproof mat, which it can be safely placed on during or after use.

You’re welcome to come back to us here if you have any other thoughts to share, or if you need guidance around any of the functions!

Userlevel 1

Hi Jack, 

Thank you, it’s a fab hair tool. I have just tested it out on my hair, which is thick, wavy, slightly frizzy and waist length one length and natural grey. Sooo quite a challenge for my Airstrait. It dried my wet hair super quick, it took me 25 minutes, then a further 5 to use the cool shot mode. It’s straight, (though I did miss a little bit at the back underneath but that’s my fault). But, the top of my hair by my parting looks a bit more frizzy where the Airstrait didn’t reach, so I used my Dyson Supersonic hairdryer with the smoothing tool to get those frizzies flat. I also felt my hair looked smoother when applied dry, so I’ve just very quickly gone over my hair on the top layers at the medium heat and that does look smoother. I think I need to let my hair towel dry for longer, as I do with my Dyson Airwrap when I use it with the attached paddle brush, I get a quicker, smoother finish, better than when my hair is wet. (I’ve had my Airwrap since they were first launched). So early days, but it’s good and I’m still learning how to use it best. (I did dry the roots as per the guide btw). I hope my experience is helpful to Dyson. 

I how about Dyson bring out a nice padded matching velvet bag for the Airstrait? So it’s safe and dust free when I’m not using it? 

Thanks for your help today, 🙂 

Userlevel 1

You just better hope it doesn’t go wrong!! Have you seen all the comments here and on other forums about Dyson’s awful customer service….

Userlevel 1

I have had various Dyson products for years, I’ve never had an issue, sorry you have, my experience has only been positive. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I got my Airstrait yesterday in the UK as well. I love the finish look of my hair though I do agree that it’s little fiddly to do my back hair. However I think with practice I will get better at it. 

I do miss a storage box as well. It’s an expensive machine and don’t want to chuck it in my drawer or cupboard. I would have liked it if it came with a storage or travel bag. I know you cannot travel with it outside of the country but not having a travel bag limits it to even carried within the country as I do a lot due to the nature of my work. I wonder if Dyson will offer a travel bag at least with it. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Simi 👋 

Glad you hear you have an Airstrait too 🙂 and I’m happy to hear you agree about the presentation box or a nice velvet travel pouch. I note in the US Dyson are currently offering the presentation box with a new Airstrait, plus they also have a velvet travel bag. C’mon Dyson let’s have ours too please 🙏🏻 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Simi9 and @HellsbellsUK,

Really happy to hear how much you’re both enjoying your new machines! Thanks also for taking the time to share your feedback - this is always helpful, and I do make sure it’s passed along to the relevant people.

I don’t have any news to share at the moment around the availability of a travel pouch or storage box the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener for the UK. But if I do hear anything further down the line, I’ll make sure this is shared here on the Dyson Community. 

Userlevel 1

Afternoon Jack, 

thanks for your reply I appreciate you letting us know when they will be available, I really look forward to getting one 🙂 my Airstrait is currently residing in the cardboard box it came in which isn’t ideal. 

have a good evening, 

kind regards 

HellsbellsUK 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks Jack, 

I look forward to hearing more and hopefully this is offered in future. Similar to @HellsbellsUK, my Airstrait is also in a sad looking cardboard box which doesn’t look pretty at all on my dressing table. 

I have a Cloud9 Straightener which has a beautiful travel case that I might end up using for Dyson as I don’t want it to get scratches if not stored properly. 

I have just got my Airstrait and love it here in UK.  Interesting reading we can’t take them abroad?  Not even in Europe? I am so disappointed they don’t come with a presentation case or travel wrap at the very least.  Especially as they are so expensive.  I see there is no stock to even purchase protective cases. Any thoughts what we could buy instead.  Everything I see on Amazon is too small in length.  Thanks in advance for your help.  Melly - Sussex. Uk 

Userlevel 1

Hi Melly, 

I so agree with you regarding not getting a presentation case for our new Airstraits, I’m disappointed too. I hope Dyson goes onto offering us loyal customers a free one especially when we purchase early directly from them, it would be a lovely gesture and much appreciated Dyson. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi all,

Just to update, the Dyson Airstrait™ straightener Presentation case, Travel wrap, and Display stand are all now available to order from Dyson.co.uk.

They’re all in stock at the time of writing! 

Userlevel 1

Afternoon Jack, 

Thanks for letting us know, but at £60 for the box is a bit stiff, especially as Dyson USA is selling them for £47 ($60). 

After spending £450 I can’t justify spending another £60 for my Airstrait to sit in and will have to look for an alternative. 

Not moaning at you, but I’m disappointed with Dyson charging we Brits so much, please pass my feedback to whoever makes the decisions on pricing, thanks 

Helen 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @HellsbellsUK 

No problem at all - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I’ll be happy to pass your comments along to the team for you.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Jack, as a long-standing and loyal customer of Dyson’s, especially hair products it’s the first time I’ve felt really disappointed on the subject of not having a case with the product. I’m sure I’m not alone in feeling like this.