Cordless - Outsize+ brush bar not spinning | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless - Outsize+ brush bar not spinning

• 11 February 2023
  • 1 reply

• 0 replies

So I have two tickets in about this, figured I would ask the community as Dyson seems to be ignoring my tickets and addressing the fact that this machine has issues with the wand breaking constantly.

has anyone else had the following issues

The spin brush stops working in the XL cleaner head while vacuuming. When it stops, the vacuum keeps running as normal, once I let go of the trigger, it doesn’t work again for 5-10 seconds. Once it starts up again, the brush spins sometimes, but dies again within 10-20 seconds. The head works fine when connected directly to the bin, so I know it’s the wand that’s broken yet again. I have disassembled the cleaner head, cleared out dust, hair etc, nothing has fixed it. The wand needs replaced, yet it’s always out of stock (I wonder why) This is the second wand I need replaced as the first one lost suction at the bin due to it becoming loose, now this time it appears the metal connector is having issues between the cleaner head or the bin. The troubleshooting clearly states a new wand is required to fix the issue, yet Dyson is avoiding contacting customers with tickets in about the issue and not back ordering wands.

With the amount of money this vacuum costs I expect better service, or do they want customers to keep using this vacuum with the head connected directly to the bin, crawling around on the floor to vacuum.

(Moderation edit - Tags Added/Title Updated/Converted to Question) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 February 2023, 14:47

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Hi @Joe 

From the details you’ve shared, it looks like we’ll need to run you through a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks to help work out why this is happening. As you’ve already tried our online Support guide, please get in touch via WhatsApp: To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. 

Our experts will also be able to confirm if any replacement parts or repairs needed are covered under your Dyson guarantee. 

Thank you for contacting us and informing us on the issues you are having at hand.