Cordless V10 Animal - Is the dock worth it? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 Animal - Is the dock worth it?

• 2 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Just got my dock and extra attachments and my V10 Animal should arrive tomorrow. I’m wondering what’s the true benefit, if any, to having and using this dock. Is it really worth the money I just spent on it? I can easily store the parts in a drawer and the charger will mount in the wall. Do I really need this dock?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 March 2023, 22:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Baronda 

To be perfectly honest with you, the use of the free-standing Dok is completely a matter of personal preference. The wall dock that is included with your machine, will hold the vacuum, plus two tools. We do get feedback sometimes from owners, who wish the docks provided more tool storage. I have our V8 Absolute model myself, and I store my extra tools in a tool bag, and hang it in my utility room. One nice feature of the free-standing dock is that it will hold the machine and extra tools in one central spot. If you are the type of cleaner who uses the multiple tools and attachments frequently, you may really like having everything handy in one spot. I’m a bit of a lazy cleaner myself, so I rely mainly on my cleaner head and the soft dusting brush for all my cleaning, so having a Dok like this wouldn’t be of much benefit to someone like me.

We do have a great return policy, so if you set up the Dok and decide it’s not for you, you can contact your local team and set up a return. 

Best wishes,

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m not sure who or what my local team is though. Can you guide me on that? I’m just getting it set up and I just am not yet convinced that I really need the dock or the extra tools, but I think those were free with my purchase lol.

just want to know how to return the dock if I decide for sure I do t want it. 

Kind regards, 

Baronda 

@Baronda. Here’s a super honest review by ibaisaic, a YouTube I follow - Dyson V10 DOK Assembly & Review. All in all, the removal storage box look like it would come in useful, at the very least saving some drawer space.

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Baronda 

I am so sorry that I didn’t include our contact details here for you. Please forgive my oversight. I am afraid my morning coffee has worn off, and it shows 🙂

You can get in touch with your local team directly, via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to help! To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Thank you so much for the reply. I’m not sure who or what my local team is though. Can you guide me on that? I’m just getting it set up and I just am not yet convinced that I really need the dock or the extra tools, but I think those were free with my purchase lol.

just want to know how to return the dock if I decide for sure I do t want it. 

Kind regards, 

Baronda 

You’ll have to return it to where you purchase it from. If you didn’t buy direct, Dyson won’t help. If you did, the order confirmation should have instructions on how to return. Contacting them is usually their preferred option.