Cordless V11 - Replacement screws for battery | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I am the (usually) happy owner of 2 Dyson cordless vacuums, a V11 Torque and a V15 Absolute. 

This past week the trigger on my V11 stopped working. Dyson is sending me a replacement body, but I need to keep the bin, filter and (screw-in) battery from my original machine to use with the new body.

Here's the problem: when I was removing the battery from my non-functional machine, I managed to strip 2 of the 3 screws, so I won't be able to use them to reattach the battery to the new body. The screws are a little unusual, so I'm not sure how to find new ones. I live 6 hours away from a Dyson service center, so that's not really an option. I spoke with a (very unhelpful) Dyson support rep, who basically said, "we don't sell the screws.”

The new body isn't going to be much use if I can't attach the battery. Does anyone know what the specs are for the screws and where I might be able to find replacements?

Hi @AG1 

Thank you for raising this with us. 

I have checked this with our service engineers - as a next step, they will need to look at it.

The screws are not sold separately as the customer service rep has advised.

You will have to message our WhatsApp team and request to be forward to our service engineers team.

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Regards,