Cordless V12 Product Return Run Around - Help! | Dyson Community

Cordless V12 Product Return Run Around - Help!

• 15 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I am completely and utterly frustrated by Dyson Customer Service.  I have never experience anything like this. Here is a summary.

I purchased a V12 late November from the Dyson online store.  The next week it went on sale, so I go online, using Dyson Chat and get a CSR.  This person could barely string a sentence together properly and it took forever between comments.  At times I thought the connection dropped.  I asked for a price match, thinking this would be a simple thing, the price match was on there own store.  I was wrong.  After probably 1 hour trying to explain this I was told a form was filled out and allow for 48hrs to process.  Okay, I had my doubts, but gave it a chance. 

After 3 days of not seeing anything I finally went back on to chat where I asked a CSR to check and make sure it is being processed since I never received any confirmation at all on this. The CSR told me yes but it would 2-4 business days.  This without asking me about any information at all to look up the case.  That’s when my scam radar went off.  (scam or incompetence you pick)  I said, no, I want a full refund, I want to send the product back.  I didn’t want to own a product from a company that has this type of customer support or that can’t process a price match on there own discount properly.  The CSR said okay, and immediately sent me a Purolator label.  Response on that request worked well. 

I immediately shipped the product back that same day… with tracking.  The next day someone at the Dyson Warehouse received it.  It’s been almost a month since then.  Many phone calls, many emails, chats, every possible means of communication was used.  I get told different timelines every time I contact someone.  And “forms” are filled out and you will get an email story lines every time.  I have never received an email, or any type of communication from Dyson except for my chat transcripts and the Purolator label.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this?  Any other path I can take to get this resolved?  I am very discouraged.  All I wanted was a price match and they turned this into this fiasco.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

mdenomme 1 year ago

Well, that was easy, I received my refund yesterday.  I wish I had known about this community before. 

Thank you @Teanna.Cannon Teanna!

View original

6 replies

Hello @mdenomme we are very concerned to hear this has been your experience.  We would like to take a look into this matter and resolve this. Can you please send us an email to askdyson@dysoncanada.ca please list Connected Community in your subject line. Please provide us with your order number and your return tracking number and we will look into this right away for you. 

Thanks Teanna.  I have have an email I had crafted and sent to service@dysoncanada.ca.  Was trying a number of things to get attention to this issue.  Wish I had started here first!

Just to be clear, in the email Subject Line I simply put “ Connected Community “?  Nothing more than that.  Then the detail to contain order and tracking?

@mdenomme Yes please format your email that way so we can help! 

Done.  You should see it.  I put lots of detail but a quick summary at the top.  Thank you so much for looking after this.

Thanks again @Teanna.Cannon 

@mdenomme I have replied! Thank you. 

Well, that was easy, I received my refund yesterday.  I wish I had known about this community before. 

Thank you @Teanna.Cannon Teanna!