Cordless V15 Detect - Stalling issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V15 Detect - Stalling issues

• 14 January 2023
  • 1 reply

My newly purchased machine refuses to work in AUTO mode on my carpet. The brush spins up, stalls and then stops? ECO mode works but thus isn't a fix as it requires a reset to AUTO if I switch surfaces. Whole idea if AUTO is just that surely? My carpet isn't being properly cleaned initially in ECO mode. Some sensor failing?

Edit ...  I am reading that problem may be due to a high (?) pile carpet. If this is the case can it be sorted with adjustment or am I stuck with vacuuming in ECO mode which is clearly underpowered. Or should I just return the whole unit?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 15 January 2023, 01:58

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @superloopy

I strongly suspect the carpet pile is the cause. 

Whenever the onboard suction changes, either manually or by the use of the Auto feature, this increases the power draw on the battery, into the motor and the air watts produced by the machine. 

This increase ultimately drives the motor to spin at a higher rate, producing more air watts, which in term increases the suction power. This results in the cleaner head taking on a lower profile to the carpet/flooring. In your instance, this is causing the pile of the carpet to interfere with the brush component and stop it from rotating. 

I suspect your carpet manufacturer wouldn’t recommend the use of powered brushes on the carpet, for this very reason. 

Two choices are available, returning this to the retailer or simply making do with the suction in the Eco setting.

David.