Cordless V8 animal connection problem - No power to tools - Ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V8 animal connection problem - No power to tools - Ideas?

• 3 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi! We have a v8 animal extra and for some reason the bin body won't work when connected to any motorised head. Other heads work fine on and off the stem, whereas neither of our motorised heads work at all on/off the stem. We thought the issue was with the main head but we just bought a new one from Dyson and that still doesn't work. Have brushed the connectors and blown out with a compressed air duster but nada. Any ideas please?!

(Moderation Edit - Converted to Question)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 September 2023, 14:33

View original

6 replies

As it isn’t working with any head, I’d assume the issue is with the connector in the bin inlet. There isn’t an exact way to find out unfortunate, I guess it’s down to process of elimination. 

Have you checked to see if there’s an answer here - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/394483-01

Hi @ClaireEmma 

Thank you for raising this with us.

You have advised that it is only one head that is giving the issue, it would be best to complete the troubleshooting steps.

if this does no resolve the issue kindly contact the customer service team and they will fully diagnose your machine.

Regards,

Thank you all. It turned put it was indeed an issue with the bin head as it was only the two motorised heads that wouldn't work, the others did. We've returned the new motorised head and bought a new bin head and so all good now, thank you!

I have three different motor heads, all of which suddenly stopped working. However main motor and vacuum still work, so picks up dust OK if used with a nozzle or brush attachment. So logic suggests a power failure in the feed from the main unit to the motor heads.

Removed the bin unit and replaced it by a brand new spare, but still no power to the motor heads. Logic therefore suggest that there is no power getting from the main body to the bin unit. Put multi-meter probes on the contacts but no voltage readings when the trigger is pressed.

Anything further than can be tried before I resort to buying a complete new power unit?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Nemo2000,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! This sounds like an unusual issue, and to help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. 

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Sadly my Dyson is out of warranty.

I did ring the support line. Their initial offer was to replace all three motor heads! Given that how unlikely it seem for all three to fail at the same time, I declined. I got the impression that they did not really understand the exact nature of the problem.

I was advised to return the item at a cost of £99. No guarantee could be given that (a) it could be repaired anyway or that (b) the cost of repair + parts would not make it more economic simply to buy a complete new unit (though I can’t find a Part Number for that).

Sorry, but not really impressed so far…..