Cordless vacuum backpack conversion harness for easier dusting | Dyson Community

Cordless vacuum backpack conversion harness for easier dusting

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

Attaching (by way of strapping or clipping) my new Gen5 Detect potentially into a backpack harness, coupled with say a detail cleaning kit (extension hose and soft dusting brush) ….. I want to use this for potentially dusting anywhere and everywhere around the house. This would be a lot easier holding just a hose end with a free hand to hold and move small articles out of way as well as potentially dusting said articles. 

Anybody else had thoughts along these lines or come up with a solution?

Would the extension hose (listed as 0.61cm in length) be long enough for such a purpose?

I think expanding or improving the functionality of these quality cordless vacuum cleaners into household dusters is potentially a huge market … I know I want to find a way to use mine for this domestic purpose to simplify house cleaning.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Inspiration?

😂 … good inspiration - cheers

Inspiration?

My mind went straight here! 

I think that’s an excellent idea, so I rigged this up and it works great.  You really do need both hands and though very light, the vac (mine’s a V12) can wear out your wrist quickly.  I’ve only tried it with the flex hose and an attachment so far, but so far so good.  This is just an old arm sling. 

That’s excellent Wiz. The sling idea is an outstanding suggestion. I’ll find me one of those and do likewise. 
Thanks for the idea