Cordless vacuum - Broken Part - Feedback? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Cordless vacuum - Broken Part - Feedback?

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

My wand on my large dyson always breaks with normal use how about yours is this a design flaw?

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category, Title amended and Tags added)

My daughter has the families v7 at her university halls. It must be seven years old. Only ever used in what I would class as ‘normal conditions’, short pile carpet, cleaned and maintained regularly, it’s never broken. 

How are you defining normal use for your wand to brake? I’m sure I read that it’s made out of reinforced aluminium.

Pete. 

Yes the actual wand is great but at the attachment point it is low grade hard plastic on both ends not only on the actual vacume but also on the wand a recipe for disaster at the point where all the pressure is applied as you vacume thick carpets normal use for me  as I invested In the biggest darn one they had.Is five rooms two living g rooms and two pets. So everyday normal use as shown in the video 1200 dollars later I on my knees using the attachment for fear of cracking g the plastic on my aluminum wand the physics of the suction along with force applied causes constant pressure on plastic at that point and  it breaks.    Now I'm sure this has happened to some one other than me it's happened four times to me .And the warranty has covered this but they cannot send one as its not in stock the last they sent me was a replacement and apparently they send wrong type further damaging my vacume been a real head ache .not all it's CRACKED up to be.

The hose on the DC41 animal multi floor was constantly cracking when we vacuumed the stairs! Great everywhere else, but as soon as we used the wand and extended the hose, it cracked, with a loss of suction. 

Dyson replaced it every time, we just stopped using it on the stairs. Seems we were over extending it. 

I own the outsize plus maybe the design can also use a plus size wand circumference at the attachment point so it can withstand the force just saying g dyson genius.