Cordless Vacuum Design Suggestion - Low Reaching Tool | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Cordless Vacuum Design Suggestion - Low Reaching Tool

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I'm an owner of dyson cordless vacuum and find it difficult to clean the floor area under the bed because the wand is not long enough to reach the distant. Usually people use their arm as an extention under this circumstances. However the upright main engine part is higher than most underbed space which stops it enter the underbed space to work. But if the main engine part could work in a lying position (the hand holder is parallel to the floor), the relatively narrow width (about 10 cm) of the main engine part can make it go into the under bed space. I guess it will not be a difficult change, just need an extra 90-degree direction connect mode or a 90-degree translate connector spare part.

(Moderation Edit - Moved Category, Tags Added) 

Hey!! I think Dyson might be one step ahead of you here!

I brought a V15 at Christmas. To my surprise I got more tools than I expected. These three tool came with it and are really handy for getting into those hard to reach places, like under the bed and under the coffee table! FYI - I’ve copied the descriptions from their website. I’m not that knowledgeable.

Low reach adaptor - Engineered to clean further under low furniture by adjusting the wand angle up to 90°.

Up-top adaptor - Bends and locks at different angles for cleaning in hard-to-reach high areas of your home.

Light pipe crevice tool - Crevice tool with LED lights lets you reach into dark, narrow spaces and see where you’re cleaning.

Hey!! I think Dyson might be one step ahead of you here!

I brought a V15 at Christmas. To my surprise I got more tools than I expected. These three tool came with it and are really handy for getting into those hard to reach places, like under the bed and under the coffee table! FYI - I’ve copied the descriptions from their website. I’m not that knowledgeable.

Low reach adaptor - Engineered to clean further under low furniture by adjusting the wand angle up to 90°.

Up-top adaptor - Bends and locks at different angles for cleaning in hard-to-reach high areas of your home.

Light pipe crevice tool - Crevice tool with LED lights lets you reach into dark, narrow spaces and see where you’re cleaning.

not what I mean. The low reach adaptor in the official picture can only reach as far as the length of the wand. What I mean is that you can reach as far as the distance of wand plus arm or even the upper body like this picture haha

This is how I vacuum the bed floor in a lying position which can observe the floor cleanness 

Wow! I couldn’t have drawn anything half as good 😁! Thanks for painting a picture for me.

I’m not sure Dyson have anything like this now. Have you checked their web shop? If in doubt, you could always order an extra wand and two Low reach adaptor. It would be a monstrosity of a cleaner and they’d probably recommend against it! It would do the job.