Dyson V15 Detect absolute+ Gold carpet issues | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson V15 Detect absolute+ Gold carpet issues

• 15 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all.

I had a normal V15 replaced with the V15 Detect Gold. I was told this would be a small upgrade as the machine was better. Physically outside of the colour the machines pretty much look the same, except the main tube which has a attachments built in.

My problem is when I use the machine on carpet in auto mode. It continuously gets stuck.

I had the machine replaced again, and the new machine does the same.

The only way I get a decent run is if I put it on the low setting and change the brush head mode to - (minus).

Am I using it wrong or are these models not great.

1 reply

Hi @CrazeUK   I am sorry to hear you may be experiencing issues with your Dyson. That is a great question and I am happy to help.

Typically when there is a instance that it is getting stuck that means the suction power is too strong and it is causing a suction cup type feel from the cleanerhead to the floor under the carpet. The cleanerhead does have that little slider where you can change the suction power in the head itself so it does not suck so hard and give you that suction cup feel. This is not an issue with the vacuum malfunctioning, but the compatibility with your carpet. Lowering the suction power and flipping the slider to the - symbol will allow you to be able to use it on that carpet type. Please know that even though the suction power is less, it is still giving you that deep clean. I personally have the Gen5 and it has the same features and I have to do the same on an area rug that I have due to the type of area rug it is.

Rest assure, you are using your machine exactly how it is intended and it is working as it should.