Dyson v15 not powering on - Blanks screen. Can I fix this without a part? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson v15 not powering on - Blanks screen. Can I fix this without a part?

• 24 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I bought the Dyson V15 Detect Absolute vacuum Hepa gold: https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/v15/detect-absolute-hepa-gold

I have tried to turn this on, by charging the battery till full, but the LED display will not show up. I have tried a lot of the solutions people suggested, but seems like this is a faulty device. Has anyone experienced something similar?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 September 2023, 17:21

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@alphaIt

Hi @alpha

If you’ve followed the diagnostic route, it should provide you with the next steps/requirements to rectify the problem. 

In my experience, this is an electrical issue within the “main body/cyclone” and therefore a replacement part would be required to fix it.

If you’ve not already done so, I would encourage you to contact your local support team to inquire about a replacement part or an exchange.

To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select 'Start a conversation'.

Badge

I’ve contacted them and they mentioned it would take 7-14 days for the exchange process to go through. I would have to deliver the vacuum back to them, and then they would send a replacement. 

Problem is I need the vacuum ASAP and is the reason why I bought it, needed to clean many things…

I’ve contacted them and they mentioned it would take 7-14 days for the exchange process to go through. I would have to deliver the vacuum back to them, and then they would send a replacement. 

Problem is I need the vacuum ASAP and is the reason why I bought it, needed to clean many things…

For an exchange. Usually they’re next day or within a few at most. Did they say why it would take so long? If they’ve not got a replacement part or a machine in stock, they should offer you an alternative. Might be work speaking to them again and asking what else they’re prepared to do! 

Badge

For an exchange. Usually they’re next day or within a few at most. Did they say why it would take so long? If they’ve not got a replacement part or a machine in stock, they should offer you an alternative. Might be work speaking to them again and asking what else they’re prepared to do! 

They did not say why it would take so long. But yeah it’s a shame having to go through this whilst having bought it brand new. Not a cheap item too.