Feedback on expanding the battery capacity on the V7? | Dyson Community

Feedback on expanding the battery capacity on the V7?

• 9 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a V7 and when new the battery lasts for only a few minutes. The supplied battery capacity is simply rubbish. If you buy a Maoist power tool you can get batteries that allow you to work for hours drilling and screwing. What I don’t understand is why Dyson do not offer a huge battery as an optional extra. I personally know that most of the super yacht industry threw out these machines over this issue and I find it hopeless trying to use it on my boat. For a number of years Dyson was hawking these at the boat how at huge expense for a stand but they are not fit for purpose. The stupid thing is the fix is easy< sell batteries that will run for say 40 minutes.

4 replies

Hi @Paul Reading

Thank you for raising this with us.

Over time, the machine will naturally lose its runtime, but the level of degradation over the years is very small.

Battery degradation is not the fault of the machine. It happens to all batteries in everyday items, such as mobile phones and laptops.

The run time in Powerful suction mode is 20 minutes with the motorized head and the Mini motorized head.

The run time in Powerful suction mode is 30 minutes with the combination tool and crevice tool.

If the machine is still within the warranty period, you can contact our customer service team, and they will make sure to resolve the matter.

I would recommend that you get in contact with the Dyson Contact Center.

You can find the Dyson Helpline number in the ‘Contact Us section of the page.

Best wishes,

I have ordered a new battery £65 so it will be interesting to see how long I get but I never for more than a few minutes even when new.

Userlevel 5

@Paul Reading you might find these interesting as a read:  

So that New Zealand report give a run time of just 7 minutes for Dyson V7. and that is based upon the small capacity of the battery. Why Don’t they offer a battery that has say 8 times the capacity. The issue is not Battery Degradation, it is battery capacity, it is simply underspecified.

The batteries are no good when new and the sad thing is there is no need for this user experience. A battery 8 times the size would give a useful life and if it degrades to 50% it is still useful. I would happily pay doe such a battery because that is what I need.